We’re a month away from the Cyber Weekend online sales in November! The two online sales events that make up Cyber Weekend, Black Friday (November 25) and Cyber Monday (28 November) are famous for huge discounts and deals online, with brands aiming to entice shoppers to make their purchases ahead of Christmas.
If you haven’t already, you should be factoring Cyber Weekend into your marketing plan – whether it’s an overall sale, exclusive discounts or special offers for your loyalty program members – you shouldn’t miss out on this golden sales opportunity.
We’ve put together a few tips on how to get your brand in front of as many potential customers during one of the biggest sales periods of the year.
Start planning early!
Developing your marketing and website strategy as early as you can will help you make the most out of this pre-Christmas sales opportunity.
- Use all your active marketing channels to promote your business – from social to display advertising. Now’s the time to consider any additional marketing solutions you may not be using. Is there a channel you’ve been hoping to reach your customers on? Why not invest in additional marketing?
- Create buzz with your existing customer database through newsletters to generate excitement around your discounts and deals.
- If your business is active on social media, increase your organic posts to highlight your deals. To reach more customers, consider investing in paid social media ads. While you’re looking at your social media output, it could be a good time to consider investing in social commerce. Instead of just promoting your products on social media and pushing people to your website, sell within your social platform so customers can see a product, click it, and buy it.
- Leverage standout graphics and clever copywriting across all your marketing channels.
Spring-clean your website and online assets
Doing an audit of your website and online shopping platform is crucial ahead of a big sales event. Focus on nailing the customer experience to ensure information and your products are easy to find, pages load fast, and that your online checkout experience is flawless.
- Ensure all your pages are mobile-friendly
- Check page load times
- Optimise your site for search
- Test your websites’ search functionality
- Consider adding a live chat widget for automatic responses
- Confirm that your website can handle extra traffic
- Offer a variety of payment options
Provide a great delivery experience
Take this opportunity to re-evaluate your shipping and delivery strategy. With an increased number of customers purchasing from your business, providing a great delivery experience is going to be important.
- Make you are ready for the influx of orders that will come through
- Stock up on all your delivery essentials – boxes, fillers etc.
- Have systems in place to send products to customers as soon as possible
- Add messaging to your website about dispatch and delivery timings
- Provide information to your staff so they can answer any queries
Offer exclusive deals and shipping
Attract more customers by offering free shipping, gifts and bundled offers.
Extend your sales period
Consider starting your sales promotions ahead of Black Friday, or running them for a short time after Cyber Monday to lengthen your sales period and take advantage of a high-buying period.
We’re here to help!
Are you ready for the biggest shopping period of the year? Contact us today to chat to our team of marketing experts.